Sunday, March 30, 2008

See you at Epcot's Festival of Flowers!


This weekend is the Artists
in the Gardens at Epcot. I will be part of a group of plein air artists who will be painting in the World Showcase countries of England, Canada, France, and Italy. I won't know my assignment until I check in Thursday. Last year I painted in Italy. It was beautifully decked out with potted plants and hanging baskets. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of meeting the guests, the other artists, and the cast members of Epcot. It is amazing how much goes on there!
Each spring the International Flower and Garden Festival is held in the World Showcase. Besides the beautiful scenery, there are seminars on gardening, and Flower Power concerts of music from the 60's.
I will be posting my paintings when I return. Hopefully some will find new homes while I enjoy painting in the park. If you are planning to be in Disneyworld during April 4 - 6, I would love to see you!
Durinda

No comments: