Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 4: Day's End

Day's End
oil
8 x 10
$250.00
Available

There is something quite somber about going to the Chickamauga National Battlefield and seeing the cannons and monuments.  When you read the accounts of the fighting there, you can only imagine what a hard and trying time that was for so many men and their families.  The Park, as we call it, adjoins my neighborhood so I travel through it almost every day.  This painting was done for the 6th Cavalry Museum (http://www.6thcavalrymuseum.com) exhibit "Lives and Lands of the Civil War" which is part of the commemoration of the Battle at Chickamauga. I did two more paintings which are different scenes of the area.  The exhibit opens Friday, Sept 6 4:00 - 7:00 pm and lasts until Oct 26.  

1 comment:

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

Good luck with the show. I know, like me, many will enjoy your paintings.