Wednesday, March 24, 2010

On the Woad Again....

In the UK gardens at Epcot in '08
My husband thinks the neighbors don't know I live here, it seems like I have been gone more than I have been home this year (true). We are leaving today for Disneyworld and the Artists in the Gardens weekend. Each spring Epcot hosts the International Flower and Garden Festival with all kinds of gardening exhibits and beautiful flowers in the World Showcase. This is my fourth year to be invited to paint plein air in the park. There will be sixteen artists scattered through the countries painting on location. It is always a fun weekend meeting guests and visitors in the park and getting to paint in such a wonderful location. The UK has the English cottages and gardens full of color. Last year I painted in Canada and it was equally as pretty. I can't wait to see what the horicultural department has done this year with the landscaping.
For your artists, I will be taking my Anderson easel. It has a swivel back that will lay flat because I will be taking my watercolors. I can either stand and paint or sit by adjusting the height. I will be using my transparent colors - no cadimums or earth colors. My Art comber is going again too. It holds everything in the basket and has the chair that pulls out. You never know when a quick rain will pop up in FL and it is good to have a place where everything can go plus it has wheels so it is easy to transport. A good sunhat, sunscreen, and I am ready to woll- eh, roll!
Wishing you a magical week!
Durinda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that you in the red truck? I wasn't sure. Have fun!

Durinda Cheek, Fine Artist said...

Hey Brandi- yes, our car needed work so I drive the old truck sometimes. Hope we can walk together after I return!

Anonymous said...

I would love to! I hope the worst of the cold rainy weather is about over for the year. Have a glass of wine for me in France at Epcot. I love it there!

VickiRossArt said...

Woll on Babé! paint a pretty picher for me! Wish you were here this weekend.