Friday, September 18, 2009

Traveling Tuscany Coming Up!


I am starting to pack for the Tuscany workshop at San Fedele. I leave on Wednesday out of Atlanta. My whole group will be traveling together- Ann Currey, Faye Woolfork, Lisa Hutcherson, and Cam Busch. We will change planes in Paris and then arrive in Florence on Thursday around noon. From Florence, we will join the others who will be spending the week, an oil plein air group led by Barrett Edwards from Naples, Florida. A short bus ride and we will be in San Fedele.

To say that I am excited is an understatement. This will be my third trip to Tuscany and my first to stay at the converted and updated monastery of San Fedele. It is in the heart of Chianti country. Yes, this is the season for the grape harvest and wine festivals! See, I told you you should come! We will be using our watercolor paints, watercolor pencils, and Sharpie markers to capture all we can. I made our watercolor sketchbooks by cutting paper and matboard and having Office Depot bind them. I will be demonstrating some different techniques with the materials and encouraging everyone to not only sketch, but journal in the book as well.

And just when things couldn't get any better... we were notified that we are invited to exhibit our own paintings in the village that weekend and take part in a Quick Draw painting event on Sunday. So now I am packing a small framed painting to take with me for the show. Cam and Ann will bring along a painting too. I think I had better get another card for my camera! It will be a week of adventure and art. Who could ask for more? Oh yeah, great food, wine, scenery, and new art friends. I guess I will just have to "make do". ; )
If you missed this trip and are interested in one for next fall, let me know now so you can get on the list!
Ciao for now!
Durinda

No comments: