Sunday, March 15, 2009

It's Spring- time for painting outdoors!



I am just getting into the Spirit of Spring after returning home from two months in Florida. How do they know it's spring? Well, I know because it is almost time for my return to WDW's Epcot Artists in the Gardens. The event this year will be March 27, 28 & 29. This will be my third year to get to paint on site in the World Showcase along with twelve or so other artists. This year I will be painting in Canada. I will be taking my watercolors along with mats and bags so the paintings will be ready to go home with someone! It is really fun to be assigned a different country each year. I have been in Italy and the U.K. Having the artists painting in the countries looks very European. We interact with the visitors and are treated to our meals and room. We will be staying in the Wilderness Lodge. I hope we have great weather this year and get lots of painting time. Starting the last week of March and into May, Epcot will be filled with beautiful flowers and garden spots. This is the place to come if you are a garden lover, and who isn't?

Coming up in April will be the Sketching Callaway workshop at another beautiful spot, Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, Georgia. I taught the workshop last spring in May and we had a great time working in our sketching journals. This year I plan to add tips on drawing buildings or fences in perspective along with the flowers and landscape. Most gardens have some type of structure or rows of plants, so I think it will be helpful to demonstrate. The dates are Saturday and Sunday, April 25 & 26. Registration: education@callawaygardens.org or phone 706-663-5153. All supplies are provided.

It's Springtime, let's get out and paint!

Durinda

No comments: