Monday, November 19, 2007

Thankful Treasures


This week I received an invitation to submit to an art show titled "Treasures." I have given some thought to this title. I thought about jewels, gold, silver, fine wines, sport cars, etc, a lot of "things" that people treasure. What have I painted that would represent a treasure to me? Then, it really came to me.

What I treasure the most is not a cache of "things." What I treasure the most are my loving family and my wonderful friends. You can't pick your family, but I think I picked a good husband, even though we were both very young. I was blessed with Christian parents who encouraged me and helped me in any way they could. My son and daughter are both caring individuals with lovely families now. My other blessings are in my friends, some I have known for decades through schools and teaching jobs. Others share my love of art and are so supportive of my career. And others are happen chance, they just come into my life and it seems we have known each other for years.

So forgive my sentimental message this week. I hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving, sharing with your family and/or friends. In the rush to get ready for dinners and reunions, think about what you treasure the most. I bet it is the same as mine.
Durinda

No comments: