Saturday, December 24, 2011

First Snowfall

First Snowfall
oil on linen
10 x 8

Behind every painting is a story.  This is a section of an original oil painted last winter.  I had not been at home in years during the winter months so being here for the first snowfall was especially exciting.  I loaded up my painting gear- in my backpack so I could carry it- in search of the perfect spot to paint.  After a few steps in the snow, I decided I liked my view of our yard from the front porch!  And, the fact that I could set up my easel on a flat surface, be under the covering to block the wind, and not get my feet wet, well, hey, so much the better, right?  Just goes to prove, sometimes the best things are actually right around you, like your home, your family, and your friends. 
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Prosperous New Year!
Cheers!
Durinda

No comments: