Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Treats

Small Treasures

Oil on linen

10 x 8

Brother and Sister

oil on museum quality board
6 x 6

Available


I don't know about you, but it has been really hot here this summer. Seriously, really hot!
My summer teaching stints are over for a now, four weeks of leading teacher professional development in parts of Alabama. It was really hot there too! So I am back in the studio and painting all kinds of happy memories from beaches. Most include children at the water's edge or people enjoying a lazy day of sun and reading. I've been to beaches from coastal Maine through the Carolinas to Key West and up the panhandle from Florida through Mississippi and Louisiana. I've been to the Pacific coast and twice to Hawaii. I have lots of beach memories! The painting of the little tow headed boy will be available for purchase at Tanner Hill Gallery in Chattanooga this Thursday night at the Arts & Education Council's annual fundraiser. The theme this year is "Found" and worked out perfectly for this painting in my series. I am posting the rest on my website: www.Durinda.com under the Coastal category. Hope these little pieces of beach memories remind you of a good time at the beach too. If you have a photo or a memory you would like painted, let me know! I am in the studio for the reminder of the summer!!


Stay cool!

Durinda




No comments: