Saturday, September 4, 2010

HIP HOP

July 4
Watercolor on paper
22 x 15
A new painting for the Tennessee Watercolor Society's Region III members show at Gold Leaf Gallery, Chattanooga. You know me and southern architecture. Here is a doorway in Charleston while we were there over the Fourth of July weekend. My husband wanted to surprise me with a trip for my birthday (July 4) and we both love Charleston. It is a wonderful place to walk. But not in July. It was extremely hot without a breeze even though it is on the coast. We did very little walking except in the evenings and early mornings. This painting is in a champagne wood frame with white mat. It would brighten up any space. I am hoping that it makes you smile and think about holidays like the Fourth you spend at home with your family. Doesn't it say, "Come on in and get an iced tea, the BBQ is cooking in the backyard."?
The TnWS show will open on September 11 with a reception from 5 - 8 pm during the Gallery Hop 2010. Most galleries and studios will be open on that day from 2 - 9 pm with special shows. I will be hopping around too, I hope, as well as painting a demo at Townsend Atelier during that time.
If you are out hopping, come by and see us at Townsend. There will be information about classes and workshops. The open studio drawing class will be sketching a model. See the space- I love it. It makes me feel like I am in a New York City loft studio. BTW, Townsend has a red door also. I think red doors are good luck in China or somewhere. Who cares? They are great to paint.
HOPPING to see you Saturday!
Durinda

No comments: