Sunday, September 7, 2008

HOP, HOP, HOP!!

Harvest Moon I
Watercolor
Saturday, September 13, is the Gallery Hop in Chattanooga. Several galleries and artists' studios will be open from 2 - 9 pm with receptions. Some are opening new shows. This is my painting that is in the Tennessee Watercolor Society Exhibit at Gold Leaf Gallery, 2646 Broad Street. The exhibit's theme is "Harvest". There are 20 paintings in the show. A list of the galleries is in today's paper and also available at each gallery. Sounds like a fun time to see area art and friends! Bill and I will be stopping by Gold Leaf sometime that evening and peeking in a few others too.
I collect "skies". This was a section of a photo I took from my front yard when we lived at the golf course. I didn't know at the time that the September full moon was called the Harvest moon until later. I am just a city girl, after all. This year's Harvest moon is September 15. Hope I am out with my new Nikon that night too. We have a natural field across the street from us right now with a view of a ridge behind so that would make a good view.
Hope to see you Hopping and Happy Painting!
Durinda

2 comments:

VickiRossArt said...

Hey Citigurl!

fun painting! round here the moon can be 3 times that size...so big no one would believe you. Kinda like painting that 3-legged horse...you know it was there, he knows he was there, but in a painting...well, sometimes ya can't paint what you see!

vickilou

VickiRossArt said...

SMILE! you've been awarded...I've passed along the "Brilliante Weblog" award to you, you can read more about it on my site. Enjoy.

vickilou