Sunday, December 9, 2007

Tennessee Watercolor Regional Show

This is my watercolor painting "Clouds Over San Gimingnano" that is currently on exhibit with the Tennessee Watercolor Society Region III show. This is the Chattanooga regional members show with twenty-seven members participating. Statewide, the society has over two hundred members. The theme of the show is "Square Off". All the paintings selected are in the square format.
My painting is 22 x 22 on cold pressed Arches paper matted to 30 x 30 with a wood frame. It is based on one of my Tuscany stays in San Gimingnano looking out my hotel window. For you watercolorists out there, I created the textures in the tiles using salt and letting it crystalize.
The exhibit is in the Raymond James & Associates main office, 537 Market Street, Chattanooga, Tennessee and will open on Tuesday, December 11 with a reception. It will be available for viewing during office hours: 8:00 - 5:00 daily. The works are for sale. I hope if you are downtown, you will stop by and see the show! I got a preview when I took my painting in and it is very diverse in technques and sizes. If you need directions or have other questions, email me or call them: 423-756-2371.

No comments: